I’m two days late okay?
Here are two new wonderful additions.
Deeya Indian Cuisine Clearwater, FL
It took us two weeks to make the lunch buffet on time. We prefer buffets when it comes to Ethnic food because then we get to try everything the particular culture has to offer. This restaurant reminded me of the Himalayan restaurant we experienced. Both places are delectably spiced with the top picks of each culture. Plus the food is very similar. We sampled naan bread, a variety of pakora, and different types of curry. My favorite was the butter chicken they made. Some of it was spicy but that’s expected. It was still amazing. The cup of white cream is kheer. It is an Indian rice pudding dessert. It was very good but I thought it was ranch dressing because it was next to the salad. That was until a man walked away from the buffet with just the single cup and I thought it was strange. The food and service were amazing.
Mini Doughnut Factory Tampa, FL
In the famous words of Homer Simpson, “mmmm doughnut.”
This small hip, hidden gem of a place is small on the inside but full of huge flavor (..and lots of sprinkles). There is big selection of doughnuts that you can choose from or you can have your own doughnut desires created. They make it right in front of you so there is no choosing from an illuminated shelf or worrying if your box is the stale batch from this morning. The freshness and sweetness are enough to last a week — until you have to go back for more. (Yes, we chose two of each and got a 35-pack. There are 16 different kinds so we got three extra. I like to think we just have no self-control in life and wonder how we got this far.)
The flavors below are pulled from the menu (my favorite ones are in bold):
- anti-filled (just a powdered doughnut with the filling on top, instead of in the middle)
- birthday cake
- Boston crème pie (chocolate icing and Bavarian cream)
- camp fire (chocolate icing, graham cracker crumbs, and marshmallow drizzle)
- cookies and cream (crushed cookie crumbs and cream cookies),
- cotton candy (strawberry icing and cotton candy pop rocks)
- french toast (glaze and cinnamon sugar)
- fruity pebbles
- Homer Simpson
- Lele Coco (lemon frosting and coconut flakes)
- peanut butter crunch (peanut butter icing and butterfinger)
- peanut butter cup (peanut butter icing, peanut butter cups, and Reese’s drizzle)
- rice crispy treat
- Samoas (chocolate icing, toasted coconut flakes, and caramel drizzle)
- snickers (chocolate icing, chopped peanuts, and caramel drizzle)
- sweet pig (bacon! and maple icing, and oddly probably my favorite.)
*picture of OUR doughnuts taken by my best friend. Hahah. Thanks M. Her picture came out better.